Simon Harding BA(Hons), CFP® (Aus), Advanced DFP (Aus)
CFP™ Chartered Fellow CISI (UK), DipPFS (UK)
Director | UK Pension Specialist Adviser
Authorised Representative: 448430
A UK emigrant himself, Simon brings with him, along with a unique combination of relevant experience of the UK Pensions market and the highest levels of UK qualifications, an uncompromising attention to detail, which he uses to ensure that you will receive accurate, appropriate advice and exceptional service.
Holding the globally recognised gold standard in financial planning professionalism, Simon Harding is a Certified Financial Planner® Professional in BOTH Australia and the UK. The highest education in financial planning, coupled with commitment to the highest ethical standards, sets CFP® professionals apart from the rest.
To hold this level of qualification in two countries is testament to his commitment to delivering the highest standards of technical expertise and ethical standards.
Simon is also the only CFP™ Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Investment and Securities (CISI UK) in Australia.
He spent his career initially working in the City of London for some of the UK’s largest Pension companies and then as an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) specialising in providing UK pension transfer advice to a wide range of individuals; covering all types of UK pension arrangements. He was during this time a Pension Transfer Specialist, which is a protected phrase in the UK and represented less than 5% of the adviser community at the time.
Having emigrated along with his Australian wife he is loving his new lifestyle and chosen home. Living by the beach and a stone’s throw away from the world class McLaren Vale wine region Simon is very grateful for the opportunities Australian living has provided him and is absolutely determined to assist any UK emigrant to receive the very best out of their new life ‘Down Under’.
Simon has worked in the financial services industry since he graduated from university in 1990. His first role was with Scottish Equitable as a Pension Specialist, advising and training Independent Financial Advisers around the complex issues of pension transfer analysis.
After eight years’ experience of advising UK Independent Financial Advisers around the intricacies and technical aspects of pension transfers analysis Simon became a Financial Adviser himself and continued thereafter as a Pension Transfer Specialist in the UK, advising individual and corporate clients covering the complete range of UK pension structures.
He continued his studies throughout this period and earned the new Diploma in Financial Planning and ultimately the globally recognised peak industry qualification of Certified Financial Planner (CFPtm) status.
On emigrating Simon immediately started studying the Australian financial planning qualifications to ensure he could continue to provide technical expertise to his clients.
Simon gained his Australian financial planning experience working for Aon Hewitt Financial Advice before opening his own practice.
He is an examination qualified Certified Financial Planner professional, holder of the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning, the ASX Accredited Listed Product Adviser and has achieved SMSF adviser accreditation. He is a financial planner member of the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) and abides by their Code of Ethics.
Simon works closely with clients to develop a long term financial strategy that is appropriate to their needs and objectives. His experience in advising private wealth clients in both the UK and Australia enables him to provide a very client centric focus to his work. He is energetic in his outlook and determined to see his fellow emigrants receive the highest level of technical expertise and levels of service.
Whilst living in Adelaide full time, Simon makes regular, quarterly visits to Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney to meet new clients and conduct review meetings with existing ones. Naturally, he is also available for telephone meetings, FaceTime or Skype meetings with a little notice. This combines his dual desires of providing the highest levels of client service with travelling around Australia to visit new and exciting destinations.
- Certified Financial Planner® – Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)
- ASX Accredited Listed Product Adviser – Kaplan Professional
- Commercial Law – Kaplan Professional
- Tax for Financial Advising – Kaplan Professional
- Self Managed Super Fund Accreditation – Kaplan Professional
- Registered Tax (Financial) Adviser – Tax Practitioner Board
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
- Diploma of Financial Planning
- Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP™)
- Diploma in Financial Planning – Level 4 (Chartered Insurance Institute)
- R06 Financial Planning – Chartered Insurance Institute
- G60 Pension Transfer Specialist – Chartered Insurance Institute
- Advanced Financial Planning Certificate – Chartered Insurance Institute
- Financial Planning Certificate – Chartered Insurance Institute
- Certified Financial Planner Member of the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) – Australia
- CFP™ Chartered Fellow of Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) – UK
- Diploma Qualified Member of the Personal Finance Society (PFS) and the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) – UK